At SplashLab Arts we work to inspire children through our multi sensory studio space, using Montessori principles as our catalyst.
Our programs promote individualized exploration for children at their own pace, with an emphasis on independence. We have a freedom within limits approach, with the goal to inspire a child's whole development.
Our studio space is an environment meant to establish and respect each child unique path of learning through creative discovery.
Essential Elements of SplashLab Arts, inspired by the Montessori way:
• Mixed age classrooms, children are grouped together as follows: 6-9, 9-12, 12-15, and 15-18
• Student choice of art activity from within a prescribed range of options
• uninterrupted blocks of play time
• "Discover" model, where students learn concepts from working with different sensory materials, rather than by direct instruction.
• Specialized education materials developed by Montessori, often made out of natural, aesthetic materials such as wood, rather than plastic.
• A thoughtfully prepared environment where materials are organized by art-media, within reach of the child, are appropriate in size.
• Freedom of movement within the studio.
•Trained teacher who follows the child and carefully observes the child's individual characteristics, tendencies, innate talents and abilities.